This Visa is for people living in Australia who already hold an Investor (Provisional) under Subclass 162 visa and have been holding designated investment of about AUD 1, 5000,000 in Australia for four years. This visa allows both Primary Investor and your spouse or de facto partner together to live in Australia. This visa allows you to apply for Permanent Residency.
Please note that currently all the applications under Business Skills from subclass 160 to 165 are currently closed. The visa information below should only be used as a guide. If you want better, clearer understanding on which particular visa is appropriate for your circumstances, then we would request you to Contact Us. The team of expert consultants at Visas Abroad will provide you the knowledge, support and understanding needed to turn your dreams of living abroad a reality.
Benefits of Investor visa under Subclass 891:
Visa granted under Investor Visa subclass 891 offers you and your family to enjoy the following benefits:
- Live, work and Study in Australia
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Avail the benefits of Australian healthcare system by enrolling in Medicare scheme
- If you meet the eligibility criteria you can apply for Australian Citizenship
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years (After 5 years you would need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia)
Eligibility criteria for Investor visa under Subclass 891
You can apply for this visa if you meet the below eligibility criteria:
- You are the primary holder of an Investor (Provisional) subclass 162 visa
- You lived in Australia for at least two years in the past four years immediately before you apply while holding an Investor (Provisional) visa under subclass 162
Health and Character Requirement:
- You must ensure that you and all of your family members meet the necessary health and character requirements. You and your family members need to undergo medical examination and provide medical certificate to ensure that they meet the health requirement in order to meet the criteria.
- You must meet certain character requirements. You must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after your turned 16 years of age.
Debts to Australian Government:
You must either have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or you must have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be applied.
You have to provide biometrics sample for submitting the application. There are some countries that are exempted from this formality of providing biometrics samples
- To meet the eligibility criteria for Investor visa there are some pre-requisite business requirement as listed below:
- You, or your spouse or de facto partner together, must have held continuously for at least 4 years a designated investment in Australia of AUD 1500 000 that was made for the purpose of being granted Investor visa.
- You must have a realistic commitment to continue a business or investment activity in Australia
- You or your partner must have never been involved in unacceptable business or investment activities.
Processing time for Investor visa under Subclass 891
If you have submitted your visa application and are concerned with the amount of time it will take for your application to process, this section offers the information you need. According to Australian Immigration Department website, the average processing time for applications filed under Investor visa under subclass 891 is around 20-17 months. But, every case file is unique and requires a fair amount of time for its evaluation. You can track your application online on the department website to know the application status.
Obligations for Investor visa under Subclass 891
- You must maintain your designated investment, if you have applied under Investor stream for at least 4 years.
- You and your family must comply with all Australian laws.