The Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream (SWM) allows Manitoba authorities to select the individuals according to the needs of the Manitoba employers. The authorities pick trained & experienced workers and accordingly nominate them for permanent residency status in the province. Priority is usually assigned to candidates having labor market attachment to the employers within Manitoba.
Under this category, applications are accepted from international graduate students and temporary foreign workers working in Manitoba and having a permanent job with a Manitoba employer. Candidates are required to meet the minimum requirements in order to get entry into the EOI pool where they are again ranked as per various factors.
Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream Pathways…
There are two pathways available under the stream Skilled Worker in Manitoba –
- Manitoba Work Experience Pathway – It is for applicants currently working in the Manitoba province with temporary work permits with their current occupation not listed on the Manitoba In-demand Occupations list.
Applicants coming under this category include –
- Temporary Foreign Workers (LMIA, LMIA-exempted and MPNP-supported work permits)
- Manitoba graduates
- International student graduates from other Canadian provinces
- Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway – It is for international applicants holding valid hard job offers from only the pre-approved Manitoba employers.
Manitoba Work Experience Pathway Eligibility Criteria…
Following requirements must be met necessarily –
Employment Requirements –
- Manitoba Graduates working in occupations –
- Listed on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list with minimum 6 months work experience in Manitoba
- Not listed on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list with minimum 12 months work experience in Manitoba
- Out-of-Province Graduates working in occupations Listed on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list with minimum 12 months work experience in Manitoba
- Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs) in working in any of the occupations not listed on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list with minimum 12 months work experience in Manitoba
Additional Employment Requirements –
- Must have full-time job offer meeting the wage & employment standards for that occupation
- Must be staying/working in the province when filing application
- Must be employed with a registered commercial business in Manitoba at least 3 years old
Adaptability – Must demonstrate intent & ability to reside in Manitoba
Language Proficiency Requirements –
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 7 in case of Regulated Occupations
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 6 in case of Compulsory Trades
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 5 for other NOC 0, A, or B occupations
- Minimum CLB/NCLC 4 in case of semi-skilled occupations (NOC C or D)
Manitoba Employer Direct Recruitment Pathway Eligibility Criteria
Work Experience Requirements –
- Minimum 2 years experience in past 5 years. Experience needs to be relevant to the occupation recruitment being done for.
- Suitable experience as per employer requirement in case other than 2 years.
Additional Employment Requirements – Same as for Manitoba Work Experience Pathway
Language Proficiency Requirements – Same as for Manitoba Work Experience Pathway
Age & Adaptability – Age needs to be 21-45 years and candidate must demonstrate intent & ability to reside in Manitoba.
Education Requirements –
- Post-secondary education and/or training pertaining to occupation being recruited
- Post-secondary education may not be required in case of NOC C or D occupations if the candidate has training meeting the requirements of employer. This can be done only as per decision of Manitoba PNP authorities.