Among the different Ontario PNP streams available, Ontario Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream is the most popular one. There are some requirements that must be met in order to qualify under this stream. Let’s find out the details on these requirements.
Check if you are Eligible to Apply…
It’s a must for you to fully meet the provincial & federal eligibility criteria in order to become eligible to apply under Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream. As part of the provincial nomination process, your profile will be assessed against both provincial & federal eligibility criteria.
In order to qualify under this stream, you must –
- Have a valid Express Entry profile
- Demonstrate interest in immigrating to Ontario while creating Express Entry profile
- Qualify for Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Receive Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario
It must be mentioned here that merely receiving NOI does not qualify you under Skilled Trades Stream.
Ontario Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream Criteria
Following provincial criteria must be met in order to qualify under this stream –
- Minimum 1 year full-time work experience (or equivalent in part-time) in Ontario within 2 years from the date NOI was issued to you from Ontario. Your work experience needs to be in a skilled trade occupation as listed in either of following groups of NOC system –
- Minor Group 633
- Major Group 72, 73, or 82
- Trade Certification /license from Ontario College of Trades if required
- Current Residence in Ontario on a valid work permit
- Minimum CLB 5 in English/French
- Must have sufficient settlement funds to support your family members
- Must have intent to live in Ontario