New Zealand often called “Gods Own Country” is an island country sculpted with mesmerizing picturesque landscapes, spectacular ocean views, home of unique flora and fauna. New Zealand with its varied landscape is a heaven for adventure lovers giving tourist a variety of adventure activates ranging from hiking, bootee jumping, snow skiing, surfing, water skiing, mountain climbing, Jet Boating ,snorkeling for fish, playing golf and gambling. So, if you are inspired to travel and explore 100% pure New Zealand, you need to apply for tourist visa.
Top 10 reasons why you should choose New Zealand as your tourist destination:
- Gorgeous Mountains:
If you want to enjoy mountaineering experience, New Zealand offers breathtaking mountains with amazing variety of flora and fauna. Bungee jumping, hiking, mountain climbing are some of the best adventures activates you can do in New Zealand.
- A walk to remember:
Walking is the favorite past times of kiwis, no wonder the beautiful island country has many picturesque locations which makes walking in New Zealand fun. Do take a walk through Milford track and you will relish the experience for the rest of your life.
- Want to see the rarest spices of the world:
New Zealand is home to at least 131 different species of birds. There are about 65 species of sea birds with gulls, albatrosses, penguins being some of the most popular ones. So, come to New Zealand to enjoy bird watching.
- Long Beaches with best water skiing or surfing experience:
New Zealand has long beaches with North Island spanning for about 90 miles. Long beaches of New Zealand offers amazing sunrise, sunset views, great for water surfing and water skiing adventure sports activates.
- Island country is covered with ocean, sea all around:
New Zealand is an island country with all places not farther than 80 miles from sea. So, if you love water and spending good quality time in beach is what you seek then New Zealand is a place for you to land.
- Huge variety of native trees and shrubs:
According to New Zealand Plant Conservation Network, New Zealand has a huge variety of about 574 native trees and shrubs found in kauri forest, temperate rain forest, alpine forest, coastal forests. So, if you want to explore the unique flora you must visit New Zealand.
- Connect with Maori culture:
The indigenous people of New Zealand have a history of immigrating about 1000 years back. If you want to explore different Maori art forms such as carving, weaving, and tattooing you must visit New Zealand. You can enjoy Maori hang a traditional Maori meal.
- Experience unique natural wonders:
Nature is well preserved in New Zealand bubbling mud and geysers, unique spectacular marine volcanoes. If you want to experience what flying over glaciers and mountains feels like New Zealand must be in your list of places to visit.
- Heaven for sports lovers:
Kiwis love sports, playing and watching cricket, enjoying golf, rugby are the most popular sports in New Zealand.
- Majestic gardens and landscapes:
Beautiful gardens which are blessed with a rich variety of flora and fauna, makes New Zealand as the best place to be in to enjoy natural beauty.
If you feel inspired to travel to New Zealand, you need to apply for New Zealand visitor visa to get started on your adventurous journey. Now, you need to ensure you have enough money to support your travel and stay expenses during the stay. The citizen of some countries is exempted from carrying tourist visa during their stay and travel to New Zealand.
The eligibility criteria, benefits and different requirements under which one can apply for tourist visa under New Zealand are listed below. In case you find any difficulty in understanding eligibility criteria, visa requirements, please Contact Us we will be thrilled to help you.
Benefits of Tourist Visa of New Zealand:
The benefits of the visa depend on the stream of visa or the purpose of visit business or tourist, but generally this visa allows you to enjoy the following benefits:
- Enjoy a holiday or visit family and friends in New Zealand
- Study in New Zealand for up to three months
- You can travel to and from New Zealand as many times as you want while your visa is valid, but the time you spend in New Zealand cannot be beyond your visa expiry date.
Eligibility Criteria for the Applicants:
The citizen of some countries need not apply for visa; such visa waiver countries are listed below:
|Estonia (citizens only)
|Hong Kong (residents with HKSAR)
|Latvia (citizens only)
|Lithuania (citizens only)
Taiwan (PR holders only)
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom (PR Holders also)
|United States of America (includes USA nationals)
Health and Character and other Requirements:
- You must have good health and character, you need to submit relevant evidence for this. If you’re above 75 years of age, you can have private health insurance and a fitness to travel certificate from a doctor.
- You should have a genuine purpose of visit as a business or tourist visitor and must be able to justify the same in the visa interview.
- You must have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family members who are accompanying you in New Zealand.
- You must ensure that you comply with all conditions imposed on your visa.
Documents checklist for New Zealand Visitors visa:
- You need to submit original identity documents in case you are applying for permanent residence.
- A passport that must be valid for at least 3 months after you plan to leave New Zealand.
- You are required to undergo a medical examination as proof of your fitness and submit a health certificate.
- To apply for New Zealand study visa you are required to submit Police Certificates. You must provide Police Certificate from:
- Your country of Citizenship
- any other country where you have spent 12 months or more over the last 10 years (these 12 months may not have been spent all in one month’s)
Ø Bonafide Proof Of Genuine Tourist:
- While applying for New Zealand tourist visa it must be very clear that you are a genuine tourist visitor who intends to meet all visa conditions. In order to be considered that you are a bonafide tourist visitor you must meet the following criteria:
- You intent to stay in New Zealand temporarily only and the purpose of your visit is tourism or visiting family
- You have a lawful purpose or a genuine reason of visiting New Zealand
- You will comply all the conditions specified in your visa on reaching New Zealand
- You won’t remain in New Zealand beyond the period of stay specified in your visa
- You have to show that you will genuinely leave New Zealand at the end of your stay
- You will be granted tourist visa if you have one of the following reasons of visiting New Zealand:
- Having a vacation in New Zealand
- Sightseeing in New Zealand
- Visiting family and friends in New Zealand
- Getting Married in New Zealand
- Have to participate in amateur sports
Ø Sufficient Funds:
- You must submit a proof that you have at least a monthly expense cash of NZ$ 1000 or NZ$ 400 if you already have paid for your accommodation. You need to submit the following evidence to ensure that you have sufficient funds to live in New Zealand during the period of your visa stay.
- You can show the following evidence as proof of sufficiency of funds:
- Proof of accommodation pre-payment like hotel pre-paid vouchers or receipts
- Copies of bank statements over a period of time showing a consistent savings history.
- credit card statements
- bank drafts
- travelers cheque
- a sponsorship form for temporary entry completed by an acceptable sponsor
Processing time for Tourist Visa of New Zealand:
According to New Zealand Government immigration website, the average processing time for applications filed under Fees paying tourist visa category is around 1-2 months. But, every case file is unique and requires a fair amount of time for its evaluation. You can track your application online on the department website to know the application status.
Obligations for Tourist Visa of New Zealand:
Ø Entry permission:
Ø You must apply for entry permission when you arrive in New Zealand. You can do this by completing an arrival card, which you’ll be given on the way to New Zealand.
Ø You can be refused entry permission if:
- You don’t meet character requirements
- Your circumstances have changed since you were granted a visa
- You refuse to let the immigration authority take your photo or fingerprints or an iris scan, if asked for them
Ø Duration Of Visitors and Tourists:
You can stay for a period of 9-18 months as a genuine tourist or visitor. You can get this visa extended for another 3 months and can further extend it till 12 months period.
Ø Visa Expiry:
You must leave New Zealand before your visa expires. You can be granted visa for the duration of holding a valid passport.
If you want to travel in and out of New Zealand, you must have valid multiple entry travel conditions to return to New Zealand.
Ø Onward travel:
During the period of your visa validity, you must have a travel ticket or funds available to buy a ticket to a country you can enter.
Ø Funds or sponsorship:
You must have enough money held in New Zealand to support yourself during your stay. You have to submit supportive evidence about your financial capacity to stay and support expenses in New Zealand.
Ø Work related obligations:
You are not allowed to work in New Zealand while you hold Tourist visa in New Zealand.
You may study in New Zealand for up to 3 months during the period of holding a valid visa. If you have a child who is going to school, he or she can study for up to 3 months in any colander year.