French-speaking skilled workers having strong English language abilities can apply for the Ontario Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream to live & work permanently in the Canadian province of Ontario. It is an Ontario PNP stream especially designed for skilled workers with French-speaking abilities.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) authorities can nominate the candidates who have successfully qualified for IRCC’s Express Entry pool and meet other requirements related to education, language ability, skilled work experience etc.
See if you are Eligible…
Both federal & provincial eligibility criteria must be met in order to become eligible under Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream. Following requirements must be met essentially –
- Having a valid Express Entry profile
- Demonstrate proper interest in immigrating to Ontario during Express Entry profile creation
- Qualify for either Canadian Experience Class (CEC) or the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Receive Notification of Interest (NOI) from Ontario
You will have the right to choose the federal program you need to authorities to assess against your application under this stream. It must be mentioned here that receiving NOI doesn’t necessarily qualify you under Ontario Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream.
Provincial Criteria for Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream…
Following provincial criteria must be essentially met in order to qualify –
- Minimum 1 year work experience in past 5 years as per
- FSWP criteria
- CEC criteria
- A Canadian bachelor degree equivalent or higher
- Minimum CLB 7 in French and CLB 6 in English
- Minimum level of settlement funds
- Intent to stay in Ontario
- Proper legal status (like work permit, study permit, visitor record) if staying in Canada