- October 6, 2017
- Posted by: visasabroad
- Categories: Australia Visa, Canada Visa, Hong Kong Visa, New Zealand
A work permit visa is a type of visa that people generally issue for working abroad. A work permit visa is also considered as a temporary visa. Generally, a work permit visa applicant should have an employment offer and the LMIA letter. Sometimes, a LMIA letter is not required for certain occupations.
The requirements for a Work Permit Visa
A work permit visa seeker should fulfill the requirements mentioned below:
- The applicant should have an offer of employment from a Canadian employer.
- The applicant should have a LMIA from the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC). The HRSDC first looks up for local citizens who can fulfill the occupation demand of the employer. If the HRSDC fails to find any such citizen, it issues a LMIA letter to the applicant.
- The applicant should also convince the immigration officer that he shall be leaving the country upon completing his employment.
- The applicant should prove that he has enough funds to support his and his family’s stay in Canada. So, he shall not be relying on the Canadian government for financial support.
- The applicant should abide by Canadian rules and laws and must prove that he has no past criminal records.
- The applicant should be of sound health.
- The candidate should not have a cumulative working experience of 4 years from April 1, 2012.
What are the benefits of Work Permit Visa
- The work permit visa allows the applicant to invite his family and stay with him. The applicant’s family members can study and work in the country.
- With the work permit visa, the candidate can stay up to 4 years in the country.
- While being a work permit visa holder, the applicant can choose to apply for permanent residency. Though, the applicant will have to meet certain requirements for the permanent residency.
Permanent Residency Visa
A permanent residency visa is the most sought-after visa for many immigrating aspirants. A PR holder although not a citizen of the country is still given all citizen rights except for voting rights. The permanent residency visa also comes with many benefits and we at Visas Abroad suggest applicants choose this visa.
Requirements to avail the permanent residency in Canada
- The applicant should get his educational credential assessment (ECA) done. The ECA judges the applicant’s qualification and compares them against Canadian educational standards.
- The candidate must provide a proof of funds and satisfy the immigration officer that he can support his stay and accommodation in Canada.
- The applicant should provide his documents which support his PR Visa application. Apart from that any educational documents are also to be submitted.
- The candidate should clear his IELTS test and score the required scores for a specific occupation.
Benefits of a PR Visa
- Unlike the work permit visa holder, the PR holder can work, study or stay anywhere in Canada.
- After completing 4 years of stay in Canada, the PR holder can apply for a citizenship and become a citizen of Canada.
- The PR holder and his family enjoy free medical and health benefits.
- An unemployment fund is registered to the PR holder for a year if he goes unemployed in the country.
- The PR holder can set up his business in the country.
- Your kid(s) are offered free education up to school level.
- A PR holder’s spouse can also work in Canada as a full-time employee.
Benefits of Australia Permanent Residency: Healthcare Insurance and Medicare in Australia for PR Holders and Immigrants
The comparison table below shows the differences between the work permit visa and the permanent residency visa.
|Work Permit||Permanent Residency Visa|
|Cannot change sponsoring employer. Will have to work with the employer as long as the candidate stays in the country.||The candidate is free to move anywhere in the country and can easily switch locations.|
|In case the candidate loses a job or the company shuts down, he has to leave the country within a limited timeframe.||The candidate can look for different employers after losing a job. Moreover, the government will provide unemployment benefits to the candidate if he is unemployed.|
|Cannot start his own business.||The candidate is free to start his own business after acquiring PR status.|
|If a candidate’s spouse wishes to work in the country, a set of rules are to be followed and formalities to be fulfilled.||There is no need for a permit or authorization needed for a spouse to work in the country.|
|There is a limit as to how many times the candidate can travel to and from the country.||There are no restrictions on a PR Visa holder, he can travel to and from the country as much as he wants.|
|Cannot sponsor family members except spouse and dependent children.||Can sponsor parents, dependent siblings besides spouse and dependent children.|
|Have to wait a long time to attain Green Card and even longer wait to avail citizenship.||A PR holder can apply for citizenship after a certain number of years completed while staying in the country.|