- October 28, 2017
- Posted by: visasabroad
- Category: Canada Visa
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Stream (AINP) will be launching its news stream called the Alberta Opportunity Stream (AOS) on January 2, 2018. The Alberta Opportunity Stream will be replacing the Employer-Driven Stream and Strategic Recruitment Stream.
Until the Alberta Opportunity Stream comes into effect, applications submitted in Employer-Driven Stream and Strategic Recruitment Stream will be processed as per current evaluation standards.
There are certain requirements that candidates will have to meet in order to qualify for the Alberta Opportunity Stream. These requirements are mentioned in detail below:
Individuals applying for Alberta Opportunity Stream must meet the following residency requirements.
- The applicant should have a valid temporary residency status in Canada with an eligibility to work in Canada.
- The individual can also have a valid work permit to work in Canada.
- The eligible occupation should be based on a successful LMIA, or
- An LMIA exemption for workers covered under international trade agreements, Intra-Company Transferees, or people taking part in International Experience Canada as determined by IRCC.
The candidate needs to achieve minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of 4 for each language skills of listening, reading, writing and speaking in English and/or French.
The educational requirements require the prospective candidate to apply for Alberta Opportunity Stream. The candidate must have completed at least a Canadian high school diploma or equivalent.
In order to see if your education requirements meet to that of Canadian standards, your educational accomplishments will be evaluated through an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
ECA is not necessary for individuals holding a Canadian degree or diploma.
The individuals applying for Alberta Opportunity Stream should have following work experience:
- Have a minimum of 12 months of full-time experience within the last 18 months: or
- Have a minimum of 24 months of full-time work experience in Canada and/or overseas in the past 30 months
A candidate can also apply for AOS if he has a job offer from an Alberta employer and be working full-time for the employer in Alberta. The work should be of full-time, paid, continuous and be defined a minimum of 30 hours per week for 12 months.