- November 16, 2017
- Posted by: visasabroad
- Categories: Canada PNP, Canada Visa
Ontario is the most widely populated province in Canada. According to reports, about 40 percent of Canadians live in Ontario. Ontario is also the economic, social and political center of Canada, and is also the most popular destination for many new immigrants from around the world.
As a matter of fact, Ontario has people with multilingual and multicultural background. People living in Canada are from 200 different countries and speak about 125 different languages. One can easily immigrate to Ontario through the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program Express Entry system.
Ontario Express Entry
The expedite Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) is designed for skilled foreign professionals who are interested in Ontario Immigration and apply for permanent residence. Ontario Provincial Nominee Program can nominate a candidate in two ways. The candidate can contact immigration Ontario and directly apply for OINP. If the candidate is nominated by immigration Ontario, he or she can then create a profile in Express Entry and add their Ontario nomination credentials of 600 points.
Anyhow, people interested in Ontario immigration can create their Express Entry profile and show their interest in the province. The Ontario provincial nomination program will view the candidate’s profile and contact the candidate via Express Entry. The Ontario PNP can then formally invite the candidate to apply for PNP which will instantly increase their Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score by 600 points. Once those 600 points are awarded to the candidate, he or she will have enough points to be granted an Invitation to Apply (ITA) during the next express entry draw that takes place every fortnight.
Ontario Provincial Nominee Program
The Ontario Provincial Nominee Program simply speeds up your immigration process into the province for you and your family members (spouse and children). People accepted by this program are set on a fast-track to have immigrated to Canada Immigration as provincial nominee within the Express Entry.
The Ontario Provincial Nominee Program is also known for job creating, job retention, and economic development. The Ontario Provincial Nominee Program is employer-driven.
Ontario Provincial Nominee Program Streams
The Ontario Provincial Nominee Program has six different categories. The categories are as follows:
- General Category
- International Student’s Category
- Corporate Category
- Entrepreneur Category
- Human Capital Priorities
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker Category
Each category for the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program has certain requirements that candidates will need to fulfill in order to qualify.
Ontario Provincial Nominee Program General Category
The Ontario Provincial Nominee Program general category is for skilled foreign workers who possess approved skill positions. The Government of Canada categorizes these positions under the occupation NOC of A, B or O.
Both the employer and the candidate will need to submit an application, which will deem them eligible for the process. If both the employer and candidate meet the eligibility requirement, the latter may then be awarded a certificate of nomination for OINP.
The Requirement for the Applicant:
- The applicant must have minimum two years of relevant work experience in the last 5 years in their specific occupation
- Only paid work experience is deemed to be counted. Work experience can be collected abroad or within Canada
- The candidate must have full-time, permanent job offer in a skilled occupation which falls under the NOC level of A, O or B from an employer in Ontario
- The candidate must have a legal status if living in Canada. Refugees and asylum seekers are not eligible for the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program
- A joint verification form and Pre-Screen position form is also required
- The employer must have a business actively running for three years
- The business should have gross revenue of at least $1,000,000 with at least 5 permanent, full-time employees
- Job location must be in the province of Ontario
- Skilled occupation falling under the NOC level of A, O or B
- Full-time, permanent job
- Wage should meet standard wage levels of Ontario
- Position should be required in the company
International Student’s Category
The International student’s category stream is for foreign students studying in Canada under study abroad programs. This category further branches out to three different sub-categories. These sub-categories include Job Offer Stream, International PhD Graduate Stream, and Pilot International Masters Graduate Stream.
International Student with a Job Offer Stream
Under the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program, international students with an approved job offer from a Canadian employer are eligible –
- The candidate’s half of the studies must have been completed in Canada. The candidate must already be graduated or be graduating from a publicly funded university in Canada
- The candidate should have completed a two-year diploma or degree on a full-time basis. Otherwise, the candidate must have acquired a previous degree from Canada or abroad
- The candidate must have acquired a permanent, full-time occupation under the skilled occupation, NOC code of O, A or B
- The application should be submitted with two years from the date of acquiring the degree or diploma
- A joint verification form or a pre-screen position form is required from the employer
Ontario Entrepreneur Stream
The Ontario Entrepreneur Stream allows foreign nationals to buy a business in or set up a brand new business in the province of Ontario. Once the business has been established, the entrepreneur may be contacted by Immigration Ontario to apply for Permanent Residency in Ontario.
In order to be eligible for Entrepreneur stream, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- The prospective candidate must make a minimum investment of $500,000 in the Province of Ontario. If the business is located in Greater Toronto, the minimum investment should be of $1,000,000
- The minimum net worth of a prospective candidate must be $800,000 or $1,500,000 if investing in Greater Toronto
- Establishing or investing in a business in Ontario should create a minimum of two permanent, full-time jobs
- The entrepreneur must have a minimum of 3 years of experience of working in the senior management or business ownership experience in the last 5 years
Human Capital Priorities Stream
The Ontario Provincial Nomination Program Human Capital Priorities Stream allows the province to select suitable candidates from Express Entry system, who have shown interest in the province of Ontario.
These candidates must possess the necessary skilled work experience, language proficiency, characteristics, and education requirements in order to bring value to the Ontario labor market.
The Ontario PNP will surf through the Express Entry system and select profiles that have shown interest in the province of Ontario and have scored a minimum CRS score of 400. Ontario PNP will then send a Notification of Interest (NOI) to all such candidates.
Candidates who receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the province of Ontario have 45 days to apply for Ontario PNP stream.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree Canada or an educational credential assessment that indicates that education pursued meets the Canadian standard
- Language Proficiency: The candidate must secure a Canadian Language Benchmark score (CLB 7)
- Work Experience: The candidates must have a minimum of 12 months of continuous, full-time employment in a NOC level of O, A or B in the last five years
- Express Entry: Applicants must have a minimum CRS score of 400 or above and must show interest in the province of Ontario
- Intent to Live in Ontario: The candidate must show his or her interest to live and work in Ontario
- Proof of Funds: The candidate must show a proof of funds that ensure that the candidate can move and settle in Ontario.