- December 7, 2017
- Posted by: visasabroad
- Categories: Canada PNP, Canada Visa
Located in the center of the country, Manitoba is an open place with high demand for skilled labor. The land of Manitoba is abundant in natural resources. Canada nowadays is known to have a tradition of welcoming immigrants and Manitoba is not an exception either. Manitoba welcomes skilled immigrant to the province to meet the economic demands of the province. The easiest way to apply for Manitoba is through the Canada Express Entry system – immigration Manitoba.
Manitoba Express Entry – Immigration Manitoba
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) allows the province to attract immigrants who would be the best suited for the in-demand occupation of the province. The Manitoba PNP was established in order to speed up the immigration process for talented individuals who wish to live within the province.
There are two ways in which a prospective candidate can apply for a Manitoba Express Entry –
• First, a candidate can send his Expression of Interest (EOI) to immigration Manitoba. If the prospective candidate is given a nominee certificate from MPNP, the candidate can apply for permanent residency through Express Entry.
• Secondly, candidates interested in immigrating to Manitoba can start by creating their Express Entry profile showing their interest in Manitoba Immigration.
If found eligible, Immigration Manitoba will send a Notification of Interest (NOI) to the candidate, asking them to submit their EOI profile to the program. If nominated by Immigration Manitoba, the prospective candidate will be instantly awarded an additional 600 CRS score. These additional scores increase a candidate’s chances of being Invited to Apply for permanent residency.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Categories
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program has three categories:
- Manitoba Invitation
- Manitoba Connection
- Business Investor
Manitoba Invitation Stream
The Manitoba Invitation Stream category involves a letter of invitation that is sent by Immigration Manitoba to prospective eligible candidates. In order to receive the invitation, the candidates need not necessarily live in Manitoba. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program searches for eligible candidates who possess the necessary skills and talent.
Eligibility to Apply for Manitoba Invitation Stream
- The candidate should be between 21 to 45 years of age
- The prospective candidate should be deemed eligible for employment and adaptable
- The candidate should possess at least one year, post-secondary certificate or any relevant training certificate
- The candidate should also have at least 2 years of working experience in the last 5 years
- The candidate should also be able to find work within Manitoba and should also be able to earn necessary training and certificates required to work in Manitoba
- The candidate should also show his plan of settling in Canada and possess a genuine interest in becoming the permanent resident of Canada.
- The candidate must prove his English proficiency ability by taking up the IELTS English test. The test must be taken in the recent two years and the candidate must score at least 5 in each module
Once the candidate is invited, they should visit Manitoba once. The candidates are advised to conduct researches about communities and how they plan to settle in the province.
Manitoba Connection Category
Candidate having direct connections with people, businesspersons or institutions in Manitoba may benefit from this category. Different streams under the Manitoba Connection Categories are as follows:
Manitoba Support Stream
The Manitoba Support Stream is for a candidate willing to migrate to Manitoba but not having a job in Manitoba. These candidates are required to have a personal connection in Manitoba. This personal connection in Manitoba is called “Manitoba Supporter”. Here is the list of an eligible supporter of the Manitoba Support Stream:
- Niece or Nephew
- Aunt or Uncle
- First Cousin
- Other Relative
- Close Friend
The Manitoba Supporters must meet some eligibility criteria as given below –
- The supporter must possess valid documentation to prove that they are currently residing in Manitoba. They must be a permanent resident of the province for at least one year.
- They should either be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- They may be asked to prove if any previous reference and support for an immigrating connection was successful
- The supporter should prove that they are able to support their connection to settle in Manitoba
- The supporter should prove close ties to the applicant
Points Grid for Manitoba PNP
- Age – 10 Points
- Adaptability – 25 Points
- Education – 25 Points
- Language Ability – 25 Points
- Work Experience – 15 Points
Applicants applying through this stream must have CAD $10,000 along with them and an additional CAD$2,000 for every additional family member.
Canadian Express Entry and Skilled Workers
In order to immigrate through Express Entry, candidates must meet certain points mentioned in the point grid system. These points systems indicate how suitable a candidate will be to apply for Canadian citizenship and how much economy they will bring to the province.
The prospective candidate is selected for the Provincial Nominee Program based on the following criteria:
- Age – a candidate can score a maximum up to 10 points
- Education level – a candidate can score a maximum of up to 25 points
- Work Experience – up to 15 points
- Language Proficiency – up to 25 points
- Arranged employment in Canada – up to 10 points
- Adaptability – up to 25 points
Candidates must score at least 67 points at the federal level. However, if Immigration Manitoba nominates a candidate, it will ease their immigration process.
Manitoba Immigration Time Taken…
Ideally, the entire process of Manitoba Immigration takes about six months. However, this time may vary according to candidates, their profiles and their documents availability.