Countries that offer golden or residency visa through investment
- January 20, 2024
- Posted by: visasabroad
- Category: Featured
Obtaining a golden or residency visa through investment is a program offered by various countries to attract foreign investors. The specifics of these programs can vary significantly from one country to another, and they often change over time. As of my last knowledge here are some general considerations:
Requirements and Eligibility:
Different countries have different eligibility criteria for their investor visa programs. Common requirements include a minimum investment amount, a clean criminal record, and good health.
The investment can take various forms, such as real estate, government bonds, business investments, or job creation.
Golden visa programs often offer various investment options. These may include real estate investments, government bonds, starting or investing in a business, or contributing to economic development projects.
Real Estate Investment:
Many countries offer golden visas in exchange for substantial real estate investments. Investors may need to buy property above a certain value to qualify.
Some countries allow investors to obtain a golden visa by making financial investments, such as purchasing government bonds, contributing to a fund, or investing in certain industries.
Residency vs. Citizenship:
It’s important to understand whether the program grants residency or citizenship. Some programs offer permanent residency, while others may eventually lead to citizenship.
Duration of Stay and Renewal:
Consider the duration of stay allowed initially and whether the visa can be renewed. Some programs may lead to permanent residency or citizenship after a certain period.
Processing Time and Costs:
The processing time and associated costs can vary. It’s crucial to factor in application fees, legal fees, and any additional costs associated with the investment.
Changes in Legislation:
Immigration policies and investment programs can change, so it’s essential to stay updated on any legislative changes that may affect the program you’re interested in.
Popular countries known for their golden visa programs include Portugal, Spain, Greece, Malta, and several Caribbean nations. However, new programs may emerge, and existing ones may be modified. Therefore, it’s advisable to consult with legal and financial professionals who specialize in immigration and investment to get the most accurate and up-to-date information tailored to your specific circumstances.
Golden or residency visa through investment:
- Australia Business Innovation and investment program
- Australia Global Talent Independent Program
- Austria Private Residence Program
- Canada Start-Up visa Program
- Cyprus Permanent Residence Program
- Greece Golden Visa Program
- Hong Kong Capital Investment Entrant Scheme
- Italy residency by Investment Program
- Jersey Residency by Investment Program
- Malaysia My second Home Program
- Malta Permanent residence Program
- Mauritius Residence by Investment Program
- Monaco residence by Investment Program
- Montenegro residence Program
- Namibia Residence by Investment
- Netherlands Residence by Investment Program
- New Zealand Active Investor Plus Visa Visa Program
- Portugal Golden Residence Permit Program
- Singapore Global Investor Program
- Spain Residence by Investment Program
- Swiss Residence Program
- Thailand Privilege Residence Program
- UAE Residence by Investment
- UK Innovator Founder Program
- US EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program